RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please read all rules and regulations
Deadline to enroll and submit is midnight (HST) February 14th, 2021. Winners will be announced on February 28th, 2021
- HOW TO ENTER
Please enter online by completing the form below. All entries should be submitted in .mp3 (audio) or .mp4 (video) format. Other file formats may be acceptable; please inquire before submission. Alternatively, you may provide a link to your song online, and Momento Smart Connect can download it. Please also submit a minimum of one (1) digital photograph or artwork representing the artist to be used if needed for promotional purposes.
Submit all final works to firstname.lastname@example.org before posted deadline.
- Once the online form is completed, you will receive a copy of the lyrics. Please note that the lyrics do not have to be strictly adhered to; you may deviate from the exact lyrics to fit your style of the song so long as you preserve the integrity of the song meaning / intent.
- Once submitted, your entry may be posted and promoted on Momento Smart Connect’s company website and social media sites, including but not limited to: YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok. Momento Smart Connect retains the right to distribute and promote all entries via our social media channels and via email, website or other communication channels with customers, partners, sponsors, etc.
- For all submissions, shared credits will be given to any person / band who contributed to the creation of the song. Additionally, any person contributing to the creation of the song will retain rights to royalties should the song be monetized for use in future products.
- Entrant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold Momento Smart Connect, its sponsors, and judges harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in Momento Music Contest.
- By entering Momento Music Contest, Entrant and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of Momento Smart Connect and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. By entering Momento Music Contest, Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Momento Music Contest Rules and Regulations as established herein.
- This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of Hawaii without regard to principals of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this competition must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of Honolulu, HI, without recourse to class action suits.
- If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
- Momento Music Contest is open to all artists. Momento Music Contest is open to anyone regardless of nationality or origin. Employees of Momento Smart Connect, its families, subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible. If entrant is under 18 years old as of the last day of the competition year, the signature of a parent or guardian is required by entering online, it is agreed that the parents or legal guardian legally allow the submission and are bound by all rules of the competition.
- Entrant may submit as many songs as desired. It is entrant's responsibility to ensure that the submitted song(s) are complete and playable.
- All entries will be posted on Momento Smart Connect’s YouTube Channel. Momento Smart Connect will provide a link to entrants if they wish to promote their own entry. Additionally, Momento Smart Connect will promote the entries via our website, social media, and other communications channels. Entries will be judged based on the popularity on the YouTube channel (i.e., # of likes) as well as evaluation by a Momento Smart Connect committee who will select the final winners.
- First prize winner will be given fifteen hundred U.S. dollars ($1,500.00 USD), Second prize winner will receive five hundred U.S. dollars ($500.00 USD), and third place will receive three hundred U.S. dollars ($300.00 USD). Additionally, all winners will receive one set of fifty (50) Momento Music cards (value $175.00 USD).
- Winners will be announced by February 28, 2021. Momento Smart Connect will post all results on its website and will notify entrants by email / phone that results are posted. Entrant is responsible for providing up-to-date and correct email addresses to Momento Smart Connect. Momento Smart Connect is not responsible for entrant's non-receipt of any Momento Smart Connect emails for any reason, including but not limited to, server or email malfunctions. Momento Smart Connect will use its best efforts to announce the winners at the designated time but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays. Winners will be notified by email or phone.
- All cash prizes will be awarded directly to the entrant of the song via check, bank transfer, PayPal or other payment app as agreed upon between Momento Smart Connect and winner not to exceed thirty (30) days of announcement. The entrant listed on the entry form will be the sole point of contact with Momento Smart Connect and entrant will be responsible for the division of prizes among the performer(s) as applicable.
- The custom set of Momento Smart Cards will be produced and shipped to winners within two (2) weeks of when the design of the card / content is finalized.
All winners agree to release Momento Smart Connect and sponsors from all liability regarding prizes won. All federal, state, and local taxes, and customs fees, when applicable, are the sole responsibility of winner. Momento Smart Connect will not pay any winners' taxes or other fees associated with the receipt of the prizes.